Join us and the rest of the global Sakai Community at the annual Sakai Virtual Conference! This completely-online conference will take place on Wednesday, November 7th, from 10am until 5pm. While technical topics will be covered, the emphasis of this conference is on pedagogy and best practices. It’s a faculty-friendly conference targeted toward the teaching and learning aspects of Sakai, so we encourage faculty, instructional designers, and support staff to attend!
Sakai Virtual Conference 2018
Wednesday, November 7
10am – 5pm
We have purchased a group registration and have several spots available. If you are interested in using one of these registrations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. Departments are also welcome to use a registration to view sessions as a group. Each registration account gives you access to all the conference sessions, and you pick and choose which sessions you want to tune into. If you’re feeling really ambitious, you could even have multiple webinar rooms open at a time!
Here are a couple cool things to know about registration:
- All registration proceeds go toward development of Sakai features and enhancements
- You’ll be entered in prize drawings with your registration account!
Sessions of Interest
Effectiveness or Innovative Approach
- Hitting a Moving Target–Accessibility going forward
- Student and Faculty Online Engagement & Resource Centers
- Low Tech Games for Deep Learning in a High Tech World
- New Sakai service to control student’s course progress
- Improve the user’s engagement adding sugar to Sakai
- Sakai Rubrics
- What’s New in Sakai 19
- Copying All Matter of Content in All Manner of Ways
Birds of a Feather
- Testing the Waters: Building Faculty Engagement for Innovation
- Forums Modernization
BOFs & Lightning Talks
- Lessons 2.0
- UX BOF: Community Efforts to Improve Usability in Sakai
- Lightning Talks (plus more!)
- Getting to the Heart of Interactive Course Design
- Getting Video Feedback
- Snazzy Content with Custom CSS & CKEditor Templates
We hope you’ll join us and the rest of the Sakai Community around the globe!