Join us and the rest of the global Sakai Community at the annual Sakai Virtual Conference ! This completely-online conference will take place on Wednesday, November 6th, from 10am until 5pm. While technical topics will be covered, the emphasis of this conference is on pedagogy and best practices. It’s a faculty-friendly conference targeted toward the teaching and learning aspects of Sakai, so we encourage faculty, instructional designers, and support staff to attend!
Sakai Virtual Conference 2019
Wednesday, November 6
10am – 5pm
Registration Spots Available
We have purchased a group registration and have several spots available. If you are interested in using one of these registrations, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 1st. Departments are also welcome to use a registration to view sessions as a group. Each registration account gives you access to all the conference sessions, and you pick and choose which sessions to attend.
Here are a couple cool things to know about registration:
- All registration proceeds go toward development of Sakai features and enhancements
- You’ll be entered in prize drawings with your registration account!
Sessions of Interest
- Keynote by Matthew Rascott, Duke University
- Sakai Learning Path: Lead Your Students to Success
- Promoting Innovation through Adjunct Faculty
- Building a Lesson-Centric Course
- Lessons: Let it go!
- The (Student) User Experience in Sakai
- What’s new in Sakai 20
- The new Sakai Grader – making the grading experience more fluid (Sakai 20)
- Mapping the Road Further Ahead for Sakai – share your thoughts on improvements you’d like to see
- Lightning Talks
- Using Videos to Bring Your Online Classroom to Life
- Gamifying iLearn: Implementing Kitcoin Exchange
We hope you’ll join us and the rest of the Sakai Community around the globe!