The Call for Proposals for the Center for Faculty Excellence / Lenovo Instructional Innovation Grant is now open! This grant program invites applications from faculty who seek to enhance teaching and learning by implementing teaching innovations at UNC during the 2022-2023 academic year.
Technological change continues to influence life and work on campus and beyond. Carolina instructors are using technology to explore new opportunities to engage students, lower barriers to student access, and make their own teaching practices more satisfying and effective. The CFE works with faculty members to explore the appropriate and effective use of digital technologies, in partnership with other campus organizations such as our ITS Educational Technologies team, OASIS, and University Libraries. We encourage UNC faculty to consider applying for this grant for an opportunity to explore and enhance their teaching and learning through innovative methods.
New this year are two levels of available funding, which will permit awards up to or in excess of $75,000:
- Tier One: $500 – <$20,000 awards
- Project initiated during next academic year
- One-step application process: Applications due Thursday, March 31, 2022
- Tier Two: $20,000 – $75,000 awards
- Requires rationale and budget justification for project to be implemented over the next two academic years
- Two-step application process
- Initial proposal due Monday, March 21, 2022
- Full proposal due Monday, April 18, 2022
This information was taken from the Center for Faculty Excellence. Please see their CFE/Lenovo Instructional Innovation Grant page for full details, including past grant awardees and project summaries.