Finishing up our blog series on digital accessibility in courses is an invitation to you. We invite all instructors and support staff to take the DAO’s training on Digital Accessibility in Course Design!
The University’s Digital Accessibility Office now offers this training as an online, self-paced course through Carolina Talent, which is available to all University employees to take as they have time. There is also still a live version of this course offered through Zoom in case you prefer to attend live. The next live training will be held Friday, November 18 from 2pm-3:30pm. If you prefer to take the self-paced course, you can start it at anytime!
Digital Accessibility in Course Design Training:
- Sign up for the online, self-paced version OR
- Sign up for the live Instructor-led session – Nov. 18, 2pm-3:30pm, Zoom
The goal of this training is to help ensure your course content is accessible and inclusive for all students. In the training, you will:
- Learn how accessibility is a core component of the Universal Design for Learning
- Hear about laws and policy requiring accessible course content
- Get tips on creating accessible digital course content including documents
Blog Series on Digital Accessibility in Courses
Check out the rest of our posts in our digital accessibility in courses blog series:
- DAO’s Top 10 Tips for Digital Accessibility
- Use the Sakai Accessibility Checker
- Use the Canvas Accessibility Checker
- Accessibility in Zoom
- Add Captions to Panopto Videos
Thank you for making your courses accessible and inclusive to help all of our students be successful!