CCI Printing provides more than 70 print stations across campus (43 stations available due to Covid-19) that are available for use by UNC students, faculty and staff. Users can print in color or black & white, from any smartphone or mobile device by visiting mobileprint.unc.edu (no special software is needed), or print from a personal laptop*.
CCI Printing is primarily a service for all current students, but is also available to faculty, staff, and University affiliates with an active Onyen. Students who are enrolled in the current semester/session receive a print allocation usable at any CCI Printing location.
*Laptop users must install the CCI Printing Software and must be on the campus network or use the campus VPN to submit print jobs.
New for 2021
Touchless printing is now available.
Release print jobs from your mobile device. Visit go.unc.edu/touchless for more information.
Where to Print
Color printers listed in bold.
- Beard Hall – Inside Room 104
- Campus Y – Main Entrance – StairCase
- Carrington Hall – Inside Rm 205 (Building Access Limited)
- Carrington Hall – Inside Rm 450 (Building Access Limited)
- Carroll Hall – In Hallway Outside of Rm 101
- City & Regional Planning – Room 202a
- Davis Library – Entry Level – Open Space Area/lobby
- Davis Library Color – Entry Level – Open Space Area/lobby
- Global Education Center – Coffee Shop
- Hanes Art Center – Rm 102
- Hanes Art Center Color – Rm 102
- Hanes Hall – Rm 242
- Health Sciences Library – Rm 114 – Printer Rm
- Health Sciences Library Color – Rm 114 – Printer Rm
- Kenan Science Library – Rm G301
- Kenan-Flagler Business School – McColl Building – Cafe; 3rd Flr Atrium, 2nd Flr outside of room 2600
- Kenan-Flagler Business School Color – McColl Building – Cafe
- Law School – Rm 3045-Library
- Park Library – Rm 268
- Peabody Hall – Hallway – Rm 202
- Phillips Hall – Basement next to room 019
- School of Dentistry – G401 Koury Oral Health Sciences Building
- School of Government – 3rd Flr – MPA Wing
- School of Information and Library Science – Rm 114
- School of Public Health – Rm 201 (Building Access Limited)
- School of Social Work – Tate Turner Kuralt Building, 1st Floor Lobby – Rm 501
- Sitterson Hall – in the lower lobby outside of Rm SN010
- Stone Center – Rm 310
- Student Union – Lower Level – The Underground
- Taylor Hall – Rm 104 – Lounge (Building Access Limited)
- Undergrad Library – Rm 128 – Copy Room
- Undergrad Library Color – Rm 128 – Copy Room
Residence Halls (Restricted to Residents Only)
- Avery – 1st Floor Lounge
- Carmichael – in Main Lobby
- Cobb – Basement, near drink machines
- Connor – 1st Floor Center Lounge
- Craige – 1st Floor Mail Room, near vending machines
- Ehringhaus – Main Floor Lobby
- Hardin – Study Lounge next to Laundry
- Hinton James – 1st Floor Lounge
- Kenan – Mailroom
- Koury – Basement Game Room
- Mangum – Basement Game Room
- Morrison – First floor Lounge
- Parker Residence Hall – Lower Level – Mailroom
- Ram Village 1 – 1st Floor Game Room
- Ram Village 4 – Business Center
- Residence Hall 1 – Room 234
- Stacy – Mailroom
Report an issue or ask a question.
All fee-paying students with no flags on their accounts receive a printing allotment issued from the ITS Print Plan account each semester. This allotment is applied to your One Card and used toward printing in supported locations.
The following are the number of pages you are allotted per semester:
- Fall 400
- Spring 400
- SSI 175
- SSII 175
- May 175
Your new allotment will be assigned at the beginning of each semester
Pharos, known as CCI printing client is the software package offered by the Carolina Computing Initiative that tracks your print plan funds. This package also provides a print management solution to UNC that enables you to: print less, reduce printing costs, and enhance printing security.
Each semester students are given a print allotment, which they can use at the CCI Printing locations. Only 5% of students exceed that allotment and have to personally pay for printing.
Each black & white printed page costs $0.10 each and color printed pages cost $0.30 each.
CCI Printing is one of a pool of services offered by ITS (Information Technology Services) from student fees. Students who don’t fully use CCI Printing each semester, reduce the cost of other services in the pool – Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft software and services, Virtual Lab software, personal use of the campus WiFi, classroom technology and the ITS Service Desk support.
ITS partnered with Student Government to provide an allocation of pages that would meet the needs of most students. And currently only 3% of students need to personally pay for additional printing at CCI Printing locations. The print allocation takes into account that some students will not print, some students will print more than the average, and that a small percentage of students will exceed the allocation.
Generally, there are 5 color printers that can be used. Locations of the color printers: the Undergraduate Library (UL), Davis Library, the Health Science Library, the Sloane Art Library (102 Hanes Art Center) and the Kenan-Flagler Business School. Color Printing is automatically set to print double-sided and costs $0.30 per page.
Print jobs can be uploaded through mobileprint.unc.edu and released at a color printer location. You can also install the CCI Color print queue to print directly from a laptop. You must install both the CCI Color Queue and the Black & White Queue if you wish to print to both print queues. Once you install the Color Queue, you must select it when you print by selecting it in the Print Options. If you print to the normal CCI Printing Queue, you will not be able to print your document on the color printers. The print queue installers can be downloaded from shareware.unc.edu.
The print allotment is available from the first day of the semester until the end of finals.