- Panopto has announced some minor user interface improvements. Learn more.
- Please note that edits cannot be made to a quiz in Panopto once students have completed it. Any subsequent edits will result in the loss of student quiz results.
- Microsoft has made some changes to the audio recording service in Windows 11 that affect the Panopto Remote Recorder. If you have or plan to upgrade to Windows 11, Panopto may not be able to record audio until a user signs in after Windows restarts.
- Canvas assignments using grading a Panopto video based on % viewed can take up to three hours before showing scores in the gradebook.
Panopto is the University’s centrally supported video storage and management system.
Students can manage their own video content and use the notes feature and other Panopto viewer tools to interact with course-related videos.
Faculty members can use Panopto to capture, edit, and manage video content. Instructors can make their videos more engaging by inserting in-video quizzes and external web content. Panopto is also the storage platform that instructors will use to make class Zoom recordings and other instructional videos available to students via Sakai and Canvas.
With the new Zoom Pro integration in Canvas, all cloud recordings that were scheduled using the Zoom Pro tool will automatically be stored in your Panopto course folder. See Canvas’ documentation on using Zoom Pro in Canvas.
Panopto’s Support Resources
Visit Panopto’s support page for up-to-date how-to docs, videos, and training resources. (The University licenses Panopto Enterprise.)
Can’t find the answer to your question through Panopto support or the FAQs?
Submit a service request with ITS.
Orienting Students to Panopto
Students should download the quick reference Student Guide to Using Panopto to learn more about Panopto and its student engagement tools. There is also a student section in the Panopto FAQs.
Panopto Training for UNC
Recordings of all Panopto training sessions will be available here. Additional sessions will continue to be announced.
- Introduction to Teaching with Panopto (CFE/ITS) [Session Recording]
Description: Basic introduction to Panopto and how it can be used to support instructional goals.
- Introduction to Panopto (Panopto) [Session Recording ]
Description: Overview of Panopto, key features and functionality.
- Making the Most of Panopto (Panopto) [Session Recording]
Description: Deeper dive into creating, managing, and teaching with video content in Panopto.
You can register for Panopto webinars by following the date/time link for each session.
NOTE: Panopto’s public webinars may not fully reflect UNC’s learning environment. For example, some sessions may feature a learning management system other than Sakai or Canvas.
- Topic: February Basic Training Webinar
Wed, Feb 21, 2024, 08:00 AM – 09:00 AM EST
Topic: March Basic Training Webinar
Wed, Mar 20, 2024, 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM EST
Topic: Advanced Training Webinar – Advanced Editing
Wed, Feb 28, 2024, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Panopto Office Hours
Each Thursday from 1pm-2pm EST. [Join meeting]
Log In To Panopto
Log in at https://uncch.hosted.panopto.com to activate your University-affiliated Panopto account.